Our Working Groups will provide SSH research priority recommendations for four specific (SET-Plan focussed) energy topics. Members will be leading energy-SSH researchers, representing wider disciplinary research communities e.g. via leadership of research groups/institutes, Horizon 2020 energy projects, and/or editorial roles for journals.
- 4 groups, focussed around high-level strategic SET-Plan actions: renewables, smart consumption, energy efficiency, transport.
- Each led by steering group of chair, co-chair, critical policy friend and 2 ESRs.
- 25+ members with senior expertise from: across SSH disciplines; geographies; gender-balanced.
- Use Delphi method (iterative consultation) to produce rigorous, evidence-based outputs.
- Feeding into SET-Plan and FP9 priorities, direct policy impact, interdisciplinary dialogue.
- Opportunity to be co-author in the WG outputs.
- Engages large numbers of leading SSH academics with the SET-Plan.
- Consults on mechanisms for better feed-in from SSH to Energy Union priorities.